The year so far has been an epic one as far as weddings have been concerned. Firstly we’ve had the wedding of the year courtesy of Prince William and Kate Middleton, and in the celebrity world this was closely followed by Lily Allen and Sam Cooper, and then a month later Kate Moss and Jamie Hince also tied the knot.
Along with these celebrity weddings have come some very varied celebrity stag and hen parties, some of which were surprisingly chilled out for people with such a wild reputation. For example, Russell Brand and David Williams both chose quiet nights in with the lads for their stag parties. This is certainly understandable if you spend most of your waking days being followed around by cameras, we’d imagine the motivation for a quiet hen or stag party is to not let the paparazzi get in the way of spending quality time with your best friends for once.
However, we’ve also had a peak into some of the celebrity hen parties that have occurred recently which haven’t been such closely guarded secrets, many of which can provide some inspiration for your own hen party.
Firstly, Lily Allen went for a sophisticated hen party at The Savoy, with an alternative twist on the cooking class by having it Gordon Ramsey oversee it. If this sounds like something you and your friends would like to do then why not:
- Go for cooking lessons! We can’t promise you’ll get Gordon Ramsey, but it should at least be a lot easier on your ears without him
- Book a table at a Michelin star restaurant with your closest friends and let others do the cooking for you
- Book in for a class on cocktail making and learn the skilled art of mixology
Kate Moss on the other hand kept to her usual style of hedonism in polishing off 120 bottles of Mahiki rum at the Isle of White festival with her mates. If you’d like to go all out like Moss then why not try:
- Glamping – You can still experience the fun of a festival, but by staying in a posh yurt or tipi you can take along all the luxuries to make it a really special weekend
- Stay in your own luxury villa at a beach destination like Ibiza or Marbella. Here it’s just you and your friends ready to hit the town partying and then chill out by the poolside the following day
Finally, Kate Middleton understandably went down the sophisticated route with a low-key evening in with friends. So why not:
- Nominate a friend’s house or choose your own and have a dinner party with lots of great food and wine
- Book yourselves into a spa and spend the day relaxing and rejuvenating with all the facilities, massage included!
As these ladies have demonstrated there are plenty of different ideas for hen parties in which you can celebrate your last days of freedom with your friends, and thankfully they don’t all require you to be rich and famous to enjoy them.