Your wedding day may soon be approaching and the pages of the book are probably still empty. You have not written down one word of your vows and your fiancé is going to kill you if you don’t get them done!
Don’t feel bad, a lot people get hung up on this because they think they have to be some type of master writer to pull this off and are embarrassed to just put down what they feel to paper. Time to suck it and get busy though as the wedding is right around the corner.
Here are a few quick tips to get started in writing your own wedding vows:
1. Take off some of the pressure and realize that don’t have to be a professional writer to pull this off. Your wedding vows should come from the heart so just be yourself and write what you feel Just look deep inside your heart and the words will start to come naturally.
2. Once you tap into your feelings, write everything down. You can make sense of it later, right now you just want to make sure that you are writing down everything that is coming into your head.
3. After a few days, you will probably have pages filled with notes. Now you need to sit down and get all of this organized and make some sense of it. You may have some thoughts that you want to keep personal and other ones that you want the world to know. Get them prioritized and into meaningful sentences.
4. Now it’s time to sit down with your future spouse and brainstorm. You should both have an idea of what you want to say and you should both be on the same page with your vows. Go over what you plan on saying. You never know what the other person wants to keep private as something you think is cute and meaningful may be a little embarrassing for your mate
5. Practice, practice, practice. You don’t want to be reading your vows off of cue cards during the wedding and don’t forget how emotional this is going to be when it happens. You need to practice your vows enough so that they become second nature.
In the end, all you are really doing is telling the congregation why you love your spouse so much and why you want to spend the rest of your life with them. Remember that you cannot make a mistake here,anything you say is going to be right because it comes from your heart.