I think the nicest gifts you can give someone are handmade. Really, instead of sugar-coated almonds or little chachke you decided on in a panic, how nice would it be for your guests to give them something lovely, from the heart? Here, I’ve made a Dragonfly Box that is a great gift by itself or you can fill it up with your favorite treat! I will walk you through how I did it:
What you need: (I purchased everything at Michael’s )
1. Small Box
2. Ornamental Dragonfly or Butterfly
3. Ribbon (Martha Stewart has some nice ones!)
4. Glass Beads
1. Twist the included wire (on bottom of the insect) in the shape of a flat circle and glue to lid of box.
2. Cut enough ribbon to fit over lid of box. Trace the length of the ribbon with a small stream of glue and attach it to lid.
3. Put small dabs of glue inside lid and wrap ribbon so that the ends of the ribbon curl around the lip of the lid. Cut excess ribbon to look tidy. Let dry.
4. Put lid on box and use a pencil to trace where the ribbon will go on box. Cut and glue ribbon around the box to match up with markings so that the ribbon looks like it’s wrapped around the whole box (when lid is on).
5. Put a spot of glue on the center of the lid and add beads to it. Then put more glue around beads and add glitter, carefully shaking off any excess.
You can place your new gift box directly on top of place settings, which can add another decorative element to your tables!
xoxo Siena – Wedding Videographer
p.s. Feel free to contact me. If you want to try to make something or need an idea, let me know… I’ll help you out! [email protected], diyweddinggirl.com