There are some wedding shower planning tips every host should know. If you want your shower occasion to be a hit with the bride and the guests, check out these tips as you embark on the wedding shower planning process.
Wedding shower hosts have a lot on their plate when it comes to the wedding shower planning process. Whether you’re organizing the occasion all by yourself, with the help of a friend, or you’re coordinating with the bride to put together her dream shower, chances are you’re responsible for most of the tasks. Traditionally, the wedding shower host is the maid of honor, a bridesmaid, or a good friend of the bride, and they are responsible for arranging everything from the catering and decor to the games and invitations.
If you want to streamline the wedding shower planning process and put together a truly unforgettable event for the bride-to-be, use the following wedding shower planning tips:
1. Invite the right people—This is one of the most important wedding shower planning tips every host should know. Stick to the bride’s guest list and don’t invite anyone she might not want there.
2. Make it personal—Whether you choose wedding favors that have a music theme or a cake with a vintage design, make the shower personal by adding a special touch that complements the bride’s personality.
3. Make the bride the focus—Speaking of complementing the bride’s personality, don’t forget to keep the bride the focus. When planning a wedding shower, it’s easy to get carried away and select decor, food, and a venue that you would like instead of what the bride would like. Keep everything themed toward the bride’s personality and preference to ensure the occasion is a hit.
4. Plan ahead—To avoid overwhelming yourself and missing any important wedding shower planning details, be sure to plan ahead and make the shower arrangements as soon as possible. Don’t wait until the last minute, or you might miss out on booking that perfect venue location or caterer.
5. Don’t forget the bride’s schedule—Last but not least, keeping the bride’s schedule in mind is one of the most important wedding shower planning tips. Be sure to plan the shower for a time that is convenient for the bride, and remember that the closer the big day gets, the more she will have on her plate.
Use these wedding shower planning tips to make sure everything runs smoothly for both you and the bride-to-be.